School Sports Corner
The Values of School Sport & Sportsmanship are:
Courage - to test yourself at a new sport to strive that little bit harder in order to make the team.
Respect - on and off the field, in all aspects of daily school life, towards yourself, others and staff.
Achievement - will be a sense of pride that you have given training, trials and competition the best you can offer.
Self Discipline - to attend training and trial days, to make sure you set out to be the best you can be in all aspects of your school life.
CHS School Sports Corner Update
In 2015 Calwell High School will be implementing tight School Sport representation protocols in order to adequately offer our young people a variety of sporting opportunities without overcapitalising on school resources or detracting from student learning. If we do not have an interested, available staff member to work with the teams, we are not able to enter these school competitions.
Students wishing to represent Calwell High in school sports events will have to show the school values in ALL aspects of daily school life, towards all staff members and all students.
Sport options for Semester 1 2015:
- 7/8 & 9/10 Clyde/Rauter Shield Rugby League (Competition Date -Thursday 12th March)
- 7/8 & 9/10 Girls Basketball (Competition Date - Thursday 19th March)
- 7/8 & 9/10 Boys Basketball (Competition Date - Thursday 2nd April)
- Southside Zone Swimming (Competition date - Tuesday 31st March) - Students will have qualified through our school carnival or will need to submit qualifying times by Tuesday 10th March for consideration.
- Oztag Boys Gala Day (Competition Date - Monday 4th May)
- Oztag Girls Gala Day (Competition Date - Wednesday 6th May)
- Zone High Schools South X-C (Competition date - Monday 18th May)
- 7/8 & 9/10 Girls South Futsal (Competition Date - Tuesday 19th May
- 7/8 & 9/10 Boys South Futsal (Competition Date - Thursday 28th May)
- ACT X-C Championships (Competition date -Monday 1 June)
- 7/8 & 9/10 Boys Hockey (Competition Date - Friday 12th June)